Please mention Post Applied for “ACCOUNTANT” in Subject
Position- – Accountant
Vacancy – 02
Location: Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
Last date: 10th May, 2022
Action for Food Production (AFPRO) is an Indian socio-technical non-governmental organization of National Importance (as notified by GoI) working for the development of the rural poor through effective natural resource management solutions.
Mission Statement: AFPRO dedicates itself for alleviating rural poverty, through partnerships, networking and collaborations with like-minded Institutions, with a focus on enabling the marginalized and weaker sections of the Society.
Our Domain Areas: Water, Sanitation, Watershed Management, Climate Resilient Sustainable Agriculture, Livelihood Diversification, and Climate Change for effective management of natural resources.
AFPRO having its Head Office in New Delhi requires Accountant to be based at our Regional Office in Ahmednagar, Maharashtra with the following requirements:
Educational Qualification: Graduate / Post Graduate in Commerce
Age: 25 -30 years
Experience: 3 – 5 years in Finance particularly in the development sector.
Remuneration – Attractive remuneration based on qualification and experience.
The candidate will be required to undertake all activities related to finance. This will include developing, monitoring and documenting the Project budget, contracts and cash flows. Facilitating project activities to ensure smooth operations of project offices would also constitute a part of the roles and responsibilities.
Implement financial practices in the organization as per the finance related policies and regulations of the organization.
- Preparation of Receipts and Payments Vouchers (Cash & Bank), Journal Vouchers and data punching in the accounting software (FACT)
- Preparation of cheques/ NEFT & RTGS request forms.
- Ensuring timely payments to contractors, service providers and Regional Offices of AFPRO, etc.
- Maintaining Project filing systems and database
- Preparing reports as per project need and compliances
- Coordination between AFPRO Regional Office and its different project offices and also with AFPRO Head Office
- Preparation of project accounts, compilation and submission of reports to Donors.
- Preparation of aggregate cash flows on a fortnightly basis. Proper and systematic documentation of all financial matters.
- Preparation of budgets, MIS, compare the budget vs. expenditure report of Regional Offices.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts/branch accounts.
- Ensure that proper and immediate receipts are issued to all persons who deposit cheque, cash or wire transfer.
- Ensure that all taxes are deducted and deposited in time (Contractor/Professional/Rent/ GST).
- Debit/Credit note to Head office.
- Maintaining leave records, asset register, overtime register, cheque register,Day book, LTA register, medical reimbursement register etc.
- Any other tasks assigned by Director- Programme or any other officer assigned by him.
- The applicant must be mature, capacity for good public relations, team building, resilient and motivated. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good verbal, written communication and presentation skills both English and Hindi
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to meet deadlines
- IT skills basic as well as advanced software
Please send your profile/resume, current salary, expected salary and application to the Executive Director, Action for Food Production 25/1A Institutional Area, D Block Janakpuri, Pankha Road, New Delhi – 110058 Ph: 28525412 / 28525452 email: email@example.com with a copy marked to firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.afpro.org
Please apply by 10th May, 2022.