Please mention Post Applied for “Sr. Specialist – NRM” in SUBJECT
Vacancy – 02
Location – Ahmednagar, Maharashtra
Last Date: 10th May, 2022
Action for Food Production (AFPRO) is an Indian socio-technical non-governmental organization of National Importance (as notified by GoI) working for the development of the rural poor through effective natural resource management solutions.
Mission Statement: AFPRO dedicates itself for alleviating rural poverty, through partnerships, networking and collaborations with like-minded Institutions, with a focus on enabling the marginalized and weaker sections of the Society.
Our Domain Areas: Water, Sanitation, Watershed Management, Climate Resilient Sustainable Agriculture, Livelihood Diversification, and Climate Change for effective management of natural resources.
AFPRO having its Head Office in New Delhi requires Sr. Specialist – NRM to be based at our Regional Office in Ahmednagar, Maharashtra with the following requirements:
Educational Qualification: Post graduate in Civil Engineering/Agricultural Engineering/Water Resource Development/Hydrogeology/Geology
Experience: 7-10 years of work experience in Management of NRM programs.
Compensation will commensurate with the academic qualifications & experience in the sector.
The candidate will be required to lead a multidisciplinary team for effective planning, execution and monitoring of projects related to NRM. An understanding of projects and policies related to Rural Development supported by Government, Corporate groups and international agencies
Roles and Responsibilities
- Extending Socio-technical services to NGVOs in Maharashtra for the effective implementation of Program/Projects related to Natural Resource Management and Drinking water, Hygiene and sanitation
- Coordinating the activities of multidisciplinary team of professional staff for the services to partners.
- Program planning by involving various stakeholders based on the regional needs.
- Conducting Joint Monitoring and Review exercises of the ongoing projects
- Program Management and conducting Evaluations
- Developing project proposal on NRM, Drinking water supply and sanitation, Agriculture etc
- Capacity building of different stakeholders on the integrated watershed management, Water supply and sanitation in parts of rural Maharashtra.
- Capacity building input in human and institutional development process of CBOs/GPs/NGOs
- Networking/ coordination/ liaison with Government/ Development agencies in the region for promotion of the programs
- The applicant must be mature, capacity for good public relations, team building, resilient and motivated. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and presentation skills both in English and Hindi
- Excellent computer skills
- The applicant should have proven record of preparation of guidelines for proposal writing, project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Liaison with other NGOs and Resources Organisations – build and strengthen relationships
- The applicant will be responsible for documentation efforts for knowledge sharing, visibility enhancement of the organisation.
- The applicant should be able to take leadership role in bringing innovative approach in areas connected with NRM Management
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please send your profile/resume, current salary, expected salary and application to the Executive Director, Action for Food Production 25/1A Institutional Area, D Block Janakpuri, Pankha Road, New Delhi – 110058 Ph: 28525412 / 28525452 email: email@example.com with a copy marked to firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.afpro.org
Please apply by 10th May, 2022.