Position : 1
Location : AFPRO Head Office, New Delhi/Regional Offices
Last Date : 25th April,2022
Action For Food Production (AFPRO) is a socio-technical not for profit Organisation working for the development of rural poor through effective natural resource management solutions. It is an “Organisation of National Importance” duly notified by Government of India.
Mission Statement : AFPRO dedicates itself for alleviating rural poverty, through partnerships, networking and collaborations with like-minded Institutions, with a focus on enabling the marginalized and weaker sections of the Society.
Our Domain Areas : Water, Sanitation, Watershed Management, Climate Resilient Sustainable Agriculture, Livelihood Diversification, and Climate Change for effective management of natural resources.
AFPRO having its Head office at New Delhi requires personnel for the positon of Director-Programmes with the following requirements :
Qualification : Graduation/Post graduation in Civil Engineering/Agriculture Engineering/Geology/ Hydrology/ Hydrogeology/ Environmental Science/ Natural Resource Management from reputed University.
Age : 35-50 years
Experience: The above position requires minimum 10-15 years of experience in development sector. Should have in depth technical expertise and work experience in agriculture and allied livelihood promotion sector, FPO, Value Chain Management, project planning, monitoring and evaluation, programme management skills, fund mobilization and skills in communication with funding partners. Working on participatory NRM programmes will be an added advantage.
Compensation : Attractive remuneration based on the qualification and experience.
Job Description :
The position is to lead a multidisciplinary team for sourcing projects, capable of fund raising/fund mobilization, effective planning, execution and monitoring of projects. An understanding of Government policies mainly related to rural development and Corporate Social Responsibility, liaisoning skills and formulation of new projects/programmes, project management skills and completion of the task with stipulated time period. He/she should be a good team leader with multi-tasking ability, especially in communicating with funding partners and other stakeholders.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Development, design, implementation and delivery of AFPRO programs at regional level after ensuring all legal compliances.
- Implementation of systems and processes at the regional level, developed for stakeholder based and internally participative – planning, monitoring and evaluation of programs and partnerships.
- Planning and coordination with Regional Managers of Regional Offices for project formulation, implementation and monitoring
- Surveying and studying the regional and national environment for potential initiatives that could be supported under the focal areas of AFPRO.
- Identify potential funding agencies and mobilize funds / programmes / projects in focal areas.
- Liaison with funding partner / funding agencies to extend AFPRO’s socio-technical capabilities in development programs and strengthen relationships
- Build capacity of Regional Office staff and ensure implementation of Programs in keeping with AFPRO policies
- Periodic evaluation of programs and MIS
- Prepare and present relevant Documentation on Technical Matters relating to Programs
10.Promote the programs of AFPRO at various forums
- Collaborate with Government Departments, Universities, National and State agencies in order to propagate AFPRO and benefit the rural poor
- Ensure and develop proper documentation of all research and training
- Prepare appropriate input to various project/program reports / publications including annual reports.
Additional skills :
- The applicant must be mature with good public relations, team building, resilient and motivated. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and presentation skills both in English and Hindi is compulsory.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Should have proven record of preparation of guidelines for proposal writing, project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Liasion with funding agencies, NGOs, community organisations and Resource Organisations – build and strengthen relationships.
- Documentation for knowledge sharing, visibility enhancement of the organization.
- Should be able to take leadership role in bringing innovative approach in areas connected with NRM.
The above position requires extensive travel all over India.
Please send your profile/resume, current salary, expected salary and application to the Executive Director, Action For Food Production, 25/1A, Institutional Area, D Block, Janak Puri, Pankha Road, New Delhi – 110 058 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy marked to email@example.com, Ph: 011-28525412, For details please visit website: www.afpro.org.</P
Please apply by 25th April,2022.
Comments are closed.