Nanjangudu block is in southern part of Mysore district covering 190 villages. River Kabini passes through the Northern side of the block which attracts many industries to have their plants around the Gram Panchayats. Thandya industrial area is one among these areas where many industries have installed their plants. Most of the agricultural lands in these Villages/ Gram Panchayats have been bought by the KIADB (Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board) for further development. Though the water availability is not a major issue in this area, the water supply system and its quality for providing the potable water to community is an issue, which needs to be addressed. In majority of the water sources, it’s observed that the water quality has an issue and needs to be purified before supplying to the community for drinking. There are some surface water bodies and Open wells which needs maintenance and cleaning. The aim of the project is to provide safe and adequate amount of drinking water to the community and to ensure the ground water sustainability through efficient utilisation of ground water and artificial recharge structures.
OBJECTIVE OF THE PROGRAMME:
- Providing Safe and adequate Drinking Water to the community.
- Enriching surface and ground water sources.
- Stabilizing the ground water balance.
- Building capacities of farmers on water for effective utilization of ground water.
- Rapid Rural Appraisal in 8 Habitations
- Renovation of Existing RO Plant & Installation
- Drilling of new bore wells
- Water Budget Workshops
- Safe Drinking Water Supply.
Funding Partner : United Breweries Limited
Duration : December 2022 to April 2025
Location : Nanjangud, Karnataka
Comments are closed.