Position: Specialist in Applied Research, Government Programmes and Collaborations
Location: AFPRO Head Office, New Delhi
Last date: 20/Dec./2023
Action for Food Production (AFPRO) is a socio-technical organization working for the upliftment of the rural poor through effective natural resource management. It works in the areas of Agriculture, Food
Security, Livelihoods, Water, Sanitation, Watershed Management, Natural Resource Management and
Climate Change. AFPRO is registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860 (Punjab Amendment)
Act 1957 as extended to Delhi.
Mission Statement: AFPRO dedicates itself for alleviating rural poverty, through partnerships,
networking and collaborations with like-minded Institutions, with a focus on enabling the marginalized
and weaker sections of the Society.
Domain Areas: Agriculture, Food Security, Livelihood, Water Sanitation, Watershed Management,
Natural Resource Management, Climate Change and Renewable Energy.
Position: AFPRO seeks application of the Specialist for its Promotion of Government Programme and
Applied Research (GARP) based at AFPRO Head Office with the following requirements:
Educational Qualification: Ph.D. in relevant field: Agriculture Science/Agriculture Economics/
Environmental Economics/ Environmental Science/Civil Engineering/Water Resource
Experience: Minimum 2 years of post-Ph.D. experience dealing with Qualitative and Quantitative Data,
Data Analysis and Applied Research in Natural Resource Management and Rural Development.
CTO: Rs.1,30,000/- per month (Salary Band-C)
• Undertake multi-stakeholder applied research on ground-level problems using a multi-dimensional
• Responsible for organizing data related to projects. Utilize technical expertise to ensure data is accurate
and high-quality. Using automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources.
• Performing qualitative and quantitative analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data.
• Preparing reports for AFPRO to understand the data-analysis steps, enabling them to
take important decisions based on various facts and trends.
• Recognizing the ethical implications of data usage, storage, and analysis, especially in terms
of privacy and security.
• Organise training programme and national and state level workshops, conferences and seminars.
• Disseminate research findings and knowledge through various media, communication channels and
• Engage with diverse stakeholders across sectors – scientific, academic and knowledge institutions,
government, domain experts and communities – to contribute to policy and program design.
• Regular visit to project areas.
• Excellent data analysis skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good in managing multiple tasks, data programs, and data flows.
• Well versed with statistical packages like STATA, SPSS and R.
• Event organising skills.
Please send your application with profile/resume to the Executive Director, Action for Food Production
25/1A Institutional Area, D Block Janakpuri, Pankha Road, New Delhi – 110058 Ph: 28525412 /
email: email@example.com with a copy marked to firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.afpro.org
Please apply by 20/Dec./2023.
Comments are closed.